New York Class Schedules
Please see the Sept/October 2017 Ansche Chesed Schedule changes due to holiday closings!
Upcoming Beginners Classes
Narrowsburg NY - Free demo/first class - Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM!
Ansche Chesed - Free demo/first class Thursday, Sept 7, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Long River New York was founded on the UWS of Manhattan by Wolfe Lowenthal over 30 years ago. Our main location is Ansche Chesed, 251 West 100th St. (corner of West End Ave.)
We also have classes in Manhattan in Inwood, on the UWS at the Goddard Riverside, Bernie Wohl Center, in Rockland County, and in Hortonville NY.
- Ansche Chesed
251 West 100th St. We are generally downstairs in Hirsch Hall, but be sure to check at the desk as sometimes we are upstairs on 5.
For further information contact Tim @ longrivertaichi.com, 917-842-4814
- 6:40-7:15 pm: Sword (Doors open at 6:30)
- 7:15-8:15 pm: Advanced Form
- 8:15-9:00 pm: Sensing Hands
- 7-9 pm: Senior Students - students who have been studying sensing hands and sword. By invitation.
- 7-8 pm: Beginner's Form and Correction, Fall (starting September 7 2017)
- 8-9 pm: Beginner's Form and Correction, Spring class (started March 2017
Inwood Center 5030 Broadway Suite 643. Contact Howie @ longrivertaichi.org 914-261-8653
- Goddard Riverside
Bernie Wohl Center, 647 Columbus Ave, between 91st and 92nd. Contact Laura @ longrivertaichi.org, 929.224.4284
- 6:30-7:30 pm: Beginner's Form
- Callicoon (Hortonville, NY) Contact Lenny @ longrivertaichi.org, 845-887-3056
Monday, 5:00-6:00 pm: Advanced Form
Monday, 6:00-7:00 pm: Beginner's Form, Hortonville Fire Hall. Started April 24, 2017
- Narrowsburg, NY Contact Lenny @ longrivertaichi.org, 845-887-3056
These Thursday classes will meet at Bridge for Dance, Broadway betw. 104-105 Streets (2nd Floor), 7-9pm
No class these days:
- Thursday Sept. 21, both classes
- Thursday Oct. 5, both classes
- Thursday Oct. 12, both classes
|Sept 20,21 (Thu. meets at Bridge for Dance)
|Oct 4,5 (Thu. meets at Bridge for Dance)
|Oct 11,12 (Thu. meets at Bridge for Dance)
||Tue, Wed, Thu
Saturday Morning Practice (Riverside Park Traveling Rings)
- 9:00-10:00: Form (4 forms with a short break between each)
- 10:00-11:00: Sword, Form and Fencing
- 11:00-12:00: Push Hands
Practice will be cancelled if there is active precipitation
at any time from 8:30 am on.
last updated 10/08/2017
Sensing Hands doc